This addendum forms part of the Confidex® Guarantee and provides the additional terms on which the Confidex® Guarantee covers Colorcoat HPS200 Ultra® and 3 layer Colorcoat Prisma® Solid, Metallic and Matt colours launched on 1st October 2017 used on a roof or wall that has a PV installation. Owing to the potentially more aggressive environment created beneath / behind / adjacent to the PV array, additional terms and conditions are required to mitigate the increased risks of corrosion and degradation of the Colorcoat HPS200 Ultra® and Colorcoat Prisma® due to reduced natural wash down.
The inclusion of PV installations on a roof or wall is likely to result in unequal colour fade between those areas of the roof exposed to sunlight and natural weathering and those areas of the roof or wall which are shaded by the PV array. Such differential fading is normal and to be expected.
If a replacement Confidex® Guarantee incorporating this addendum is issued in respect of a retro-fit PV installation on a Colorcoat HPS200 Ultra® or Colorcoat Prisma® roof or wall then the replacement guarantee will be valid for the unexpired period of the original guarantee.
1. The Guarantee applies to Colorcoat HPS200 Ultra® and Colorcoat Prisma® Solid, Metallic and Matt colours when used on a roof or wall on to which PV panels are mounted on a suitable framework supported above and fixed indirectly to the cladding sheets / panels. The guarantee does not apply to Colorcoat HPS200 Ultra® or Colorcoat Prisma® onto which a PV system is directly bonded. The Guarantee does not apply to roofs or walls to which PV is installed if the external cladding sheets/panels are not using Colorcoat HPS200 Ultra® or Colorcoat Prisma®.
2. The PV array must be installed such that effective cleaning and maintenance can be undertaken, including any future repair or maintenance which might be required under the Guarantee. Safe access and roof safety systems must be considered and the building Health and Safety file must include details of the design considerations and risk control measures to allow inspection, cleaning and construction work on the building at any time. Specifically, the design of the array should give adequate regard to the need to clean underneath the PV units to remove any build-up of general contamination and debris, which would invalidate the guarantee.
3. In the unlikely event of a claim arising due to failure of any areas of cladding beneath or adjacent to the PV array, it will be solely the responsibility of the building owner to provide safe and adequate access to allow Tata Steel to investigate and instigate remedial measures as deemed necessary by Tata Steel. In any case, Tata Steel will not be responsible for removing / replacing PV panels, their mounting brackets / framework or cabling to facilitate repair or replacement of cladding sheets or panels.
4. Areas of cladding affected by the PV array should not be considered “maintenance free to maintain the validity of the Confidex® Guarantee” because they are more likely to accumulate debris and dirt and are less exposed to rainfall. Accordingly, roofing or walls covered by PV arrays must be regularly cleaned and accurate records of cleaning must be retained for future reference. The frequency of maintenance / cleaning operations should be commensurate with local environmental conditions.
Particularly harsh environments including (but not limited to) heavy industrial exposure, locations subject to salt deposition and areas affected by leaf litter will inevitably require more rigorous and frequent attention to ensure the ongoing validity of the guarantee. Cleaning and maintenance should be carried out in accordance with Tata Steel’s Inspection and Maintenance brochure which forms an integral part of this guarantee. The guide can be downloaded from www.colorcoat-online.com
5. The Guarantee does not apply to failure or damage caused by or due to any alteration to the Colorcoat HPS200 Ultra® or Colorcoat Prisma® product caused by the PV array installation including (but not limited to) perforations for mounting brackets, additional fasteners, cabling penetrations and associated sealants.Technical enquiries
Trademarks of Tata Steel UK Limited
Colorcoat Connection, Colorcoat HPS200 Ultra and Confidex are registered trademarks of Tata Steel UK Limited.
Tata Steel UK Limited is registered under number 2280000 with registered office at 30 Millbank, London, SW1P 4WY, England.
Copyright 2020 Tata Steel
Language English 0720