Normal Containment Parapets are widely used on trunk and local roads, available with standard and anti-vandal mesh. All our normal containment parapets comply with EN 1317 and are approved by the UK Highways Agency and the National Road Authority of Ireland.
Protect 365® normal containment parapet
Available with standard and anti-vandal mesh
- The Protect 365™ range includes both N1 (for impacts up to 80kph) and N2 (for impacts up to 110kph).
- With post centres tested to a range of 2.5m-3.75m, Protect 365™ is suitable for retrofitting and new builds.
- Tested and proven for use on short bridges and bridges of lighter construction.
- A range of fully approved compatible Protect 365™ transitions to Protect 365™ safety fences and Vetex™ safety fences are available to meet overall road requirements.
Both N1 and N2 parapets can be fitted with standard or anti-vandal mesh.
- Not only are both the N1 and N2 parapets produced in accordance with EN 1317 but also we have challenged the assumptions and tested the parapets beyond the scope of EN 1317 to ensure the highest performance.
- We have embraced the passive safe principles using advanced computer and strain gauge analysis to test multiple scenarios.
Simulating, testing and checking the parapets with multiple impact positions and modern vehicles ensure that these parapets will suit future road conditions.
All our Parapets have undergone extensive testing by MIRA Ltd. that has proven them to constantly offer excellent safety characteristics irrespective of the impact position.
The MIRA tests also proved that during impact the car wheels never protrude from the bridge deck during impact and that vehicle roll and yaw are well within the requirements.
- Out-of-position tolerances mean that any site variances can be dealt with without structural or system changes.
- Pre-threaded holes allow quick and simple on site assembly.
- Simple rail joints allow for quick repair after impact.
All this means that these parapets are very quick and easy to install leading to cost saving both in installation and any repair works.
- Protect 365™ parapets are made from Tata Steel hot rolled rectangular hollow sections ensuring the highest quality of steel.
- All parapets are hot dipped galvanised to BS EN ISO 1461 giving a nominal life span of 30+ years (dependant on conditions) with no need for painting.
- Stainless steel bolts give the system a long-term reliability and durability.
All fabrication and installation of Protect 365™ systems is carried out by a limited number of accredited and approved companies with Highways Agency Sector Scheme approval and ISO 9001 or ISO 9002 assurance.
An extensive list of file downloads for all of our highways products that includes Protect 365 and Vetex can be found here.