For over 25 years the Confidex® Guarantee from Tata Steel has remained best in class. Confidex® is the product performance guarantee for Colorcoat HPS200 Ultra® and Colorcoat Prisma®, when used in an external conventional building envelope application namely roof and wall cladding using single skin, built-up or composite panel construction in industrial and commercial buildings. Confidex® offers the longest and most comprehensive guarantee for pre-finished steel in Europe.
The Confidex® Guarantee is clear and simple and unlike many other guarantees, offers full remedial action in the unlikely event of coating failure. Key features include:
- Extended guarantee cover for up to 40 years on Colorcoat HPS200 Ultra® and Colorcoat Prisma®.
- Cut edges covered for the entirety of the guarantee period.
- No requirement for any inspections or maintenance to validate the guarantee.
- Backed by years of worldwide product testing.
- Provides cover for roof pitches down to 1° and no distinction between different roof pitches above that.
- Offered directly to the building owner and provides a contractual relationship between Tata Steel and the building owner.
- Is fully transferable should building ownership change.
- Helps reduce the level of risk for each part of the supply chain.
- Quick and simple online registration form.
The Confidex® Guarantee is transferable, so should the building owner change it is simply a case of filling in the form on the back of the guarantee certificate and posting back to Tata Steel.
The scope of Confidex®
Confidex® is the product performance guarantee for Colorcoat Prisma® and Colorcoat HPS200 Ultra®, when used in a conventional building envelope application namely roof and wall cladding using single skin, built-up or composite panel construction.
The Confidex® Guarantee is project specific and upon registration provides a direct guarantee from Tata Steel to the client for projects in typically the Industrial, Commercial and Leisure sectors, within the defined geographic limits of Zone 1 and 2.
It should be noted that the Confidex® Guarantee is not necessarily applicable to the use of Colorcoat Prisma® and Colorcoat HPS200 Ultra® in other construction related applications where design considerations and operating conditions create more demanding performance requirements. This includes individual residential applications, rain water goods, transpired solar collectors, portable / residential accommodation, sectional and roller shutter doors, flashings and fabrications, soffits, canopies, rainscreens, and general engineering applications.
However, we have developed associated guarantee offerings specific to some of these applications which can be provided directly by our supply chain partners. Please contact the Colorcoat Connection® helpline for further information.
Traditionally guarantees have always been restricted to the weathering performance of the external cladding, but we have recognised the growing emergence of demanding internal environment projects, such as energy from waste projects, and have developed a range of double sided products.
Please contact the Colorcoat Connection® helpline for guarantees associated with such applications.
The benefits of a Confidex® registered building
Registering the Confidex® Guarantee provides you with a direct link to Tata Steel.
In the unlikely event of a coating failure during the guarantee period, many years down the line, we can be contacted directly independently of the contractual chain. Not only does this save time, but also it can avoid unnecessary legal involvement and the associated costs. In the ‘worst-case scenario’, elements of the contractual chain may no longer even exist, making a complaint difficult, or even impossible, to pursue without the direct link to Tata Steel.
1. Figures under the Coastal heading are for buildings within 1 km of any coast.
2. Full terms and conditions of the Confidex® Guarantee are on the online application form.
3. Confidex® must be registered within 3 months of the building completion date for the guarantee to be valid.
4. The Confidex® Guarantee periods on the diagram above are applicable to Zone 1 and Zone 2.
Tata Steel also offers Confidex Sustain®, a combined guarantee that covers the durability of the Colorcoat® pre-finished steel product and makes the pre-finished steel building envelope CarbonNeutral - the first in the world. For more information click here
To better understand guarantees please click here
To find out what questions to ask your guarantee provider please click here