Colorcoat® PVDF is particularly well suited to building envelope applications such as wall cladding and panels, where good colour and gloss retention are important.
A thin coating solution for wall cladding
- Smooth 25μm coating offering good colour retention and stability.
- Galvanised substrate with Zinc or MagiZinc® metallic coating offering very good corrosion resistance.
- Available in a range of solid and metallic colours.
- High-performance reverse side backing coat specially formulated for use in construction applications.
Colorcoat® PVDF is carefully manufactured in a controlled process to ensure consistent quality. Colorcoat® PVDF is suitable for wall cladding systems and panels.
The actual durability of Colorcoat® PVDF in any particular location will depend upon the exact specification. The use of Colorcoat® PVDF in distinctly marine and heavily industrialised environments is not recommended. Tata Steel has a range of Colorcoat® products suitable for different environments and applications.
|Specular gloss (60°)||%||15 - 40||EN 13523-2|
|Scratch resistance||g||2000 g||EN 13523-12|
(Taber, 250 rev,
1 kg, CS10 wheels)
|mg||< 30||EN 13523-16|
Minimum bend radius
|Adhesion||T||≤ 1T||EN 13523-7|
|Reaction to fire
*μm = micron
1. The figures contained in this table are typical properties do not constitute a specification.
2. To meet the corrosion resistance properties, a Zinc weight of Z 275g/m2 or MagiZinc® ZMA 140g/m2 applies. On request Z 225g/m2 can apply as a minimum coating weight.
A fit for purpose guarantee is available. The actual duration of the guarantee will depend on the environment, geographic location and application.