A combined guarantee that covers the durability of the Colorcoat® pre-finished steel product and makes the pre-finished steel building envelope CarbonNeutral- the first in the world. Tata Steel is able to offer Confidex Sustain® zero carbon building envelope systems because we have full traceability and composition information for all elements of the pre-finished steel and cladding system.
Unavoidable CO2 emissions from the pre-finished steel cladding system including fixings and insulation are measured from cradle to cradle and the impact offset. Available when Colorcoat HPS200 Ultra® and Colorcoat Prisma® are specified as part of a Colorcoat® assessed cladding system, Confidex Sustain is about more than just off-setting. Our aim is to encourage specification of the most sustainable pre-finished steel products and cladding systems.
- Assesses the environmental impact of the pre-finished steel cladding system from cradle to cradle.
- Covers the whole pre-finished steel cladding system, not just one element.
- Tangibly demonstrates the construction supply chain’s commitment to sustainability by specifying the first CarbonNeutral building envelope in the world.
- Provides peace of mind for the supply chain in the specification of the most sustainable pre-finished steel products and cladding systems available.
- Provides an important source of differentiation for designers and building owners as more people select climate friendly brands and products.
- Offered by Tata Steel who has an excellent track record for developing well researched, robust and credible products and services, which deliver peace of mind and real benefit for the supply chain.
- Offsets the unavoidable CO2 emissions associated with the pre-finished steel, cladding system, insulation and fixings.
- Includes emissions from the pre-finished steel cladding system during manufacture, installation, use and end of life i.e. cradle to cradle.
- Backed by a robust, reliable and fully traceable process for investing in climate friendly projects underpinned by the CarbonNeutral Protocol.
- Does not need to be passed along or traded within the supply chain to secure the benefits of zero carbon.
- Provides a direct link between Tata Steel and the client, who will be the main beneficiary of the CarbonNeutral building envelope.
- Simple to register for, applications can be made at project design stage.
Applying for Confidex Sustain®
To benefit from the Confidex Sustain® zero carbon building envelope, building projects will need to:
- Ensure Colorcoat HPS200® Ultra and/or Colorcoat Prisma® pre-finished steel products are specified for exterior of roof and walls.
- Ensure Colorcoat® PE 15 liner is specified for interior of roof and walls.
- Use a Colorcoat® assessed cladding system. Click here for details of the systems Confidex Sustain® is available with.
Applications should be made at the start of the building project. Please refer to the Colorcoat Connection®helpline for how to apply for Confidex Sustain®.
Once the building has been completed, the building owner/occupier will receive a Confidex Sustain® certificate with details of how much carbon has been off-set and the types of project Tata Steel is investing in. This certificate will also provide the normal Confidex® Guarantee cover for the pre-finished steel.