For over 25 years the Confidex® Guarantee from Tata Steel has remained best in class. Confidex® is the product performance guarantee for Colorcoat HPS200 Ultra® and Colorcoat Prisma®, when used in an external conventional building envelope application namely roof and wall cladding using single skin, built-up or composite panel construction in industrial and commercial buildings. Confidex® offers the longest and most comprehensive guarantee for pre-finished steel in Europe.
The Confidex® Guarantee is clear and simple and unlike many other guarantees, offers full remedial action in the unlikely event of coating failure.
Key features include:
- Extended guarantee cover for up to 40 years on Colorcoat HPS200 Ultra® and Colorcoat Prisma®.
- Factory cut edges covered for the entirety of the guarantee period.
- No requirement for any inspections or maintenance to validate the guarantee except when Colorcoat HPS200 Ultra® is used on a roof that has a Photovoltaic (PV) installation.Backed by years of worldwide product testing.
- Provides cover for roof pitches down to 1° and no distinction between different roof pitches above that.
- Offered directly to the building owner and provides a contractual relationship between Tata Steel and the building owner.
- Is fully transferable should building ownership change.
- Helps reduce the level of risk for each part of the supply chain.
- Quick and simple online registration form.
- Colorcoat HPS200 Ultra® can be used under Photovoltaic (PV) frame modules with no reduction in guarantee length ensuring all parts of the roof are covered for the same duration of the Confidex® Guarantee.
- Colour guarantee included as part of the Confidex® Guarantee for up to 20 years for Colorcoat Prisma® standard colours.
Benefits of Confidex® registration
Usually the building owner, cladding contractor or the cladding system manufacturer can apply for the Confidex® Guarantee. In the unlikely event of a coating failure, we can be contacted directly and independently of the contractual supply chain. In the ‘worst case’ scenario elements of the contractual chain may no longer be in existence making a complaint difficult or even impossible to pursue without the direct link to Tata Steel.
Whilst Confidex® has always been restricted to the weathering performance of the external cladding, we have recognised the growing emergence of demanding internal environment projects, such as energy from waste plants, and may offer a non-Confidex® warranty on a case by case basis for Colorcoat HPS200 Ultra® used internally. Application specific warranties are also available for non-standard cladding applications; i.e residential roofs, flashings and sectional roller shutter doors etc.
- Figures under the Coastal heading are for buildings within 1km of any coast.
- Full terms and conditions of the Confidex® Guarantee are on the online application form, available from www.colorcoat-online.com/registration
- Confidex® must be registered within 3 months of the building completion date for the guarantee to be valid.
- The Confidex® Guarantee periods on the diagram above are applicable to Zone 1 and Zone 2. For more information visit www.colorcoat-online.com/confidexmap
- Colorcoat HPS200 Ultra® Anthracite Matt is available with a Confidex® Guarantee of up to 40 years in Zone 1 and up to 30 years in Zone 2.