Tubular piles possess high column buckling strength and energy absorbing capability which make them particularly suited to marine construction for jetties, piers and dolphins where the piles project above sea-bed level.
Tubes are available in an extensive range of diameters and wall thicknesses to suit all situations; large diameter tubular piles offer extremely high load carrying for infrastructure projects and small diameter tubes can be utilised to underpin domestic properties.
- High load capacity;
- High column buckling strength and energy absorbing capability;
- Preformed at works and no preparation required at site before driving;
- Large range of sizes and thicknesses available;
- Wall thickness can be varied throughout the pile length;
- Can be driven hard and are difficult to damage;
- Easy to shorten or lengthen;
- Low resistance to open channel flow.